Fiberglass lined swimming pools offer all of the benefits of fibreglass shell, factory-moulded pools, with the exception of the high strength of the concrete build pools. In fibreglass lined pools, the structural strength is provided by the concrete, brick etc structure of the pool. The surface finish of a fibreglass lined pool, whilst not as smooth as a premoulded, factory-built fibreglass swimming pool, is smoother and less porous that guninte or marble plaster swimming pool.
Fibreglass linings are applied to existing gunnited, marbleited or cement pools either for cosmetic reasons i.e., to offer an attractive finish which is strong, durable, and requires minimal maintenance, or for functional reasons, i.e., to provide a waterproof lining for pools that are prone to leaking. Cracked or leaking concrete pools must be repaired and correctly prepared prior to application of a fibreglass lining.
In either case, the fibreglass lining will provide a skin that is strong, durable, and requires minimal maintenance.
More and more homeowners are finding that fibreglass lined pools are stronger, more durable and less susceptible to surface degradation or cracking, than pools made from more conventional materials.
Fibreglass reinforced polyester (GRP) composite materials as supplied by NCS Resins, is the material that is revolutionising the pool industry by keeping water in whilst maintaining its good appearance and ease of maintanance.
Compared to a concrete or gunnite pool, a Fibreglass lined pool is generally less costly to maintain on a daily or monthly basis. This is important to the pool owner, because a clean pool is a healthy pool.
It is estimated that owners of a GRP-lined pool will enjoy enough savings in a 12-month period of having the GRP lining, to pay for the cost of the lining.
The savings come about through significant reductions in the chemicals required during summer, to maintain well balanced, crystal-clear water. Saving also accrue because the tough, durable, but smooth surface of the Fibreglass lining creates far less wear and tear on automatic pool cleaning equipment compared with the relatively rough surface of gunite or marble plaster.
There are many benefits to owning a Fibreglass lined swimming pool:
- A Lining done by mySwimmingPool.co.za, experienced composite pool-lining is leak-proof and provides a smooth, attractive finish.
- A Fibreglass lining is less costly to maintain because there are no seams, no joins, the surface is smooth and less prone to fading or discolouration.
- Salt water chlorination can be used in these pools.
- They are significantly less prone to fading or discolouration.
- Mosaics patterns are generally moulded-in and cannot chip or fall off.
- The smooth surface of the pool reduces the risk of algae build-up.
- The lining of a swimming pool with glass fibre is a fast and relatively simple operation if carried out by a reputable, experienced pool company.
- Virtually any shape and size pool can be lined with glass fibre.
- Materials manufactured by NCS Resins for pool lining are of the highest quality, and have been extensively tested to ensure their fitness for purpose in real time applications.
- If applied by MySwimmingPool.co.za, using the methods and materials recommended by NCS Resins, Fibreglass lined pools will have a lifespan far in excess of concrete or marble plastered pools.